• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Attacker filed No Contact Order against victim

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sweetbelky

What is the name of your state? North Carolina

A former female friend attacked me and then had the audacity to file a No Contact Order against me, in effect portraying me to be the "bad guy". The court hearing is in two days, and I was wondering about the chances of the "charges" being dropped against me? (I had initially contemplated filing charges against her, but decided to let it go in hopes that this would all blow over.)

On what criteria will the judge base his/her decision regarding whether to issue a long-term No-Contact Order? Will (s)he consider the fact that the accuser is remarkably larger than me (almost twice my size)? Will I have an ample opportunity to present my side of the story? Is the judge interested in our history - what led up to the physical altercation - or simply the incident itself?

I would like to point out that there are at least three blatant falsehoods in the accuser's report, including:

* That I was at her residence uninvited

* That I had repeatedly verbally harassed her (actually I have never done so)

* That I have sent her emailS (plural), when in fact I've only ever sent her one - the day after the altercation (and in no way was it harassing)

One more question, if the long-term No-Contact Order is issued against me, what are the implications of that? Does that mean this girl can't come around or contact me either? And would this be a hindrance to my reputation as far as being on some sort of public 'record'?

I really don't have a clue as to what to expect, and would appreciate any advice you could offer me.

Thanks.

Last edited:

seniorjudge

Go to court and tell your side of the story.

Don't expect it to do much good.

These orders are given out like cheap candy with little thought because the judge doesn't want to see his name on the front page of the local paper for failing to give a protective order to somebody who was later killed by the person complained of by the victim.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">