• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Beaten into submission

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

/\/\adinva

What is the name of your state?VA

Back in the 70's, my father use to lay tail kickings on me that would have made Mike Tyson proud. One of these left me knocked out and with a broken wrist. He then would not take me to the hospital for 2 days. iwas threatened at the hospital to keep my mouth shut and I did. I was 10 at the time. It took me all these years to get up the nerve to confront him and my mother about this. It's no big deal to them and that just really gets my goat! From that day, my relationship with them has never been worth a cup of spit. is there a statue of limitations on such a situation? Thank you.

/\/\adinva

Lawyer Responds

/\/\adinva said:

Back in the 70's, my father use to lay tail kickings on me that would have made Mike Tyson proud. One of these left me knocked out and with a broken wrist. He then would not take me to the hospital for 2 days. iwas threatened at the hospital to keep my mouth shut and I did. I was 10 at the time. It took me all these years to get up the nerve to confront him and my mother about this. It's no big deal to them and that just really gets my goat! From that day, my relationship with them has never been worth a cup of spit. is there a statue of limitations on such a situation? Thank you.

/\/\adinva

Yes, there is. Your "clock" began "ticking" when you turned 18. Undoubtedly, the statute of limitations has long ago expired.

Just Blue

/\/\adinva said:

/\/\adinva

LR is correct...SOL would have run out long ago....The anger and pain takes much longer to expire for the survivor it seems. I will offer you this advice...if you have'nt had counseling , get some! It WILL help you deal with the memories and the feeling of betrayal that you have....I put in a link to a hotline in virginia...they will be able to direct you to a good counselor.

If you have children....don't let them near your parents...may be needless to say but a lot of parents do let their kids stay at their abusive parents...don't ask me why!

http://www.wvcadv.org/

Good luck to you.... :)

bay

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">