• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Best next steps?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

georgia2010

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Georgia
I have an arraignment for battery- family violence. A family member broke into my room and in the attempt to get the person out, scracth marks were left on the person's arm. What kind of sentence can I recevie for this type of charge? If the police is the only one pressing charges should I represent myself or have an attorney present?

Last edited:

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Georgia
I have an arraignment for battery- family violence. A family member broke into my room and in the attempt to get the person out, scracth marks were left on the person's arm. What kind of sentence can I recevie for this type of charge? If the police is the only one pressing charges should I represent myself or have an attorney present?
The police are not pressing charges. The state of Georgia is pressing them (or the county is). Where was your room? Did you press charges against the family member who broke into your room?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">