• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bogus Domestic Violence charges

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rob8630

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Denver Co. adams county.
have been charged with 3rd deg. assult and domestic violence. I did not harm my wife however she had marks on her from walking home and falling after a night out at the bar. We where both intoxicated and we got into a argument I called the police and I got arrested. She told the police that I didnt hit her and that she fell, but they booked me anyway. I have a "Pre-trial" hearing on Feb. 5th in Adams county. Can i beat this case or have it droped ?

Proserpina

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Denver Co. adams county.
have been charged with 3rd deg. assult and domestic violence. I did not harm my wife however she had marks on her from walking home and falling after a night out at the bar. We where both intoxicated and we got into a argument I called the police and I got arrested. She told the police that I didnt hit her and that she fell, but they booked me anyway. I have a "Pre-trial" hearing on Feb. 5th in Adams county. Can i beat this case or have it droped ?
Did you actually lay your hands on her? Even to push her away or defend a blow?

Hot Topic

She was throwing things at you and you pushed her away. You mean she threw them, then stood there until you walked up to her and pushed her? You'll have to do better than that one. I don't see anyone drunk or sober believing you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">