• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

boyfriend spanking my 5 year old son

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bkbernie

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? ColoradoWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
I just found this site, and found a post where another concerned father had written about his son being spanked by the ex-wife's boyfriend. Well I have the identical issue. I have been divorced for about 3 years now and have a 5 year old son and 6 year old daughter and share week on week off joint custody. The last boyfriend of my ex's sexually molested my son on at least 4 different occasions and I couldn't even get local social services to investigate (I would ad that the ex worked briefly for local social services) Anyway I just learned from my son and backed up by his older sister that the current boyfriend is spanking my son. My son was crying in bed this past Sunday night and when I went to help him he finally told me he was 'scared' and that the boyfriend spanks him. I spoke with local law enforcement who sent me to speak with social services who told me it is legal so long as ex-wife gave boyfriend permission. I am at wits end. I am desperate to correct this abuse immediately, and know if I bring it up to ex she will take it out psychologically against my son. She's done it in the past to make him afraid to talk.

TinkerBelleLuvr

You may have to go back and revisit the issue in court. You can have a court order that the child either, has NO corporal punishments, or that it can ONLY be administered by the parents.

Isis1

Uh, hold on a minute. You said her ex-boyfriend molested your son. Is he in jail? Convicted?

Isis1

I suspect not.
I missed that part.

OP, I suspect your claims of abuse will get you no where. You can request the court to instill a no corporate punishment clause by either the only the parents, or by no one.

From the sounds of it, the child was not actually harmed. Only was upset he got caught doing something wrong and since you act this way, you are a perfect target for mindplay.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">