• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Breaking a court order

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

riverrat17

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA
I have a PFA against a man I shared a house with. We went to court this last Tuesday and part of the final PFA included that I could get my things when I wanted but he would have to pay the constable to be there. I attempted to get my things over the weekend but he had the constable (which he knows) give me the runaround so I was unable to secure my things from the residence. I called the cops and filed a report. They said that he was holding my things against my will. However, they did not reeceive a final copy of the PFA? I contacted by lawyer but we keep playing phone tag. Any suggestions? He already broke the PFA the morning of our court date but under my lawyers advice I did not press charges because he consented to the final PFA wihtout going to trail. I wish I would of pressed the charges now. Can i still press them eventhough the violation (he was within 100 yds of my residence. my son saw him and flipped out) ocurred a almost a week ago? He is a man that thinks he is above the law because he belongs to all these organizations (i.e. the masons).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">