• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I Break The Lease For Domestic Violence Issues

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ravenelane

What is the name of your state? pa
Can I Break The Lease For Domestic Violence Issues-
I am in a 12 month Lease in a Apt. Building (Very Nice) I am the only one on the lease and all of the furniture is mine and I need to move away from him preferably while he is at work there are 2 months left on the lease and I will not be able to pay for the last month my boyfriend does not pay any of the rent or bills nor will i be able to afford to move away especilly so fast with no help but I have to leave I have some where to go an hour away availible now what do I say to my landlord and can I get my deposit back since the place is near perfect except for the holes in the doors but I will have them fixed before hoping that the place will stay that way while he gets out
hoping you have good news!

making a break for it in pittsburgh pa

Shay-Pari'e

Your boyfriend is not even on the lease. Get a restraining order placed on him, kick his butt out, but you are still responsible for the lease.

BelizeBreeze

ravenelane said:
I am in a 12 month Lease in a Apt. Building (Very Nice) I am the only one on the lease and all of the furniture is mine and I need to move away from him preferably while he is at work there are 2 months left on the lease and I will not be able to pay for the last month my boyfriend does not pay any of the rent or bills nor will i be able to afford to move away especilly so fast with no help but I have to leave I have some where to go an hour away availible now what do I say to my landlord and can I get my deposit back since the place is near perfect except for the holes in the doors but I will have them fixed before hoping that the place will stay that way while he gets out

The landlord is not responsible for your personal problems.

dignan

ravenelane said:

explain your situation to the apartment management, you might get lucky.

also, make repairs yourself.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">