• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can i lessen a protective order, and can my husband be present for our childs birth?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

alyssapaige4158

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? WV

I am currently separated from my husband because of a domestic violence issue. I have filed a protective order and go to court next week Tuesday the 13th. I filed for the longest possible order but i would like to lessen it is that possible? I am expecting a child April 12th and I would like for my husband to be able to be there for the birth. Is that possible even though there is a protective order?

Just Blue

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? WV

I am currently separated from my husband because of a domestic violence issue. I have filed a protective order and go to court next week Tuesday the 13th. I filed for the longest possible order but i would like to lessen it is that possible? I am expecting a child April 12th and I would like for my husband to be able to be there for the birth. Is that possible even though there is a protective order?
Why would you want an abusive man at the birth of your child? He abused you while you carried his child. Why would you want to deal with him during the birthing???:confused:

Hot Topic

You're trying to create a doorway by which the man who abused you can re-enter your life to do it again. If he hurt you while you were pregnant, which is likely, he was basically saying, "I know you're having my baby, but I don't care." It was more important to "discipline" you.

NellieBly

Why do you want anything more to do with an abusive man?

He's not going to change, although he will promise (honest!) to do so.

Ladyback1

Why do you want anything more to do with an abusive man?

He's not going to change, although he will promise (honest!) to do so.
And he'll be terribly sorry for everything after he's hit/kicked/punched you. He'll beg, he'll plead, he'll make promises that he won't keep. He might even buy you gifts...

You need to make a complete break, now that you are away and safe.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">