• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I sue a person who had me falsely arrested then dropped the charges.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sunatate11

Opionions appreciated.

Thanks for the opionions and input. A little shy on advice... well actually no advice as my original question was not answered. So, a little advice to others reading this. If you have a legal question, don't waste time here... ask an attorney.

mistoffolees

Thanks for the opionions and input. A little shy on advice... well actually no advice as my original question was not answered. So, a little advice to others reading this. If you have a legal question, don't waste time here... ask an attorney.
It should have been obvious from the responses you got, but I'll spell it out.

Unless you can PROVE that someone maliciously and knowingly filed a false report, there's not a chance in the world of getting them convicted. And since you admit that grandma has mental health issues, there's absolutely no way to prove that she knowingly and maliciously had you arrested.

Drop it and move on with your life.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
or I spend thousands of dollars in legal fees... I can't afford that due to losing my business in the down turn. I'm working odd jobs so I can put tires on my truck.
O/T, I know... but... if yoru finances are in such dire straits, how are you expecting to pay for an XC road-trip in an RV?

sunatate11

Now that's advice.

Thank you for taking time to give me real advice. That was all I was looking for when I asked my question. You are right... time to move on. I have to deal with the injunction so I can get my gun back, but beyond that, the rest is the past. Thanks again.

sunatate11

Living below my means.

I work my way around. I transport and rehabilitate injured wildlife and work with rehab facilities around the US. That helps a little along with the money I have been able to save up. Lots of hot dogs and peanut butter at times. I carry a lot of tools and equipment along on my trips so I can do volunteer work at the National and State parks. Sometimes that leads to paying jobs.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">