• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I voluntarily terminate my parental rights if I am the victim

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mjsnugget

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Nevada

If your a mother who has been often beaten and choked, by your own out of control son, what rights do you have? My Son is on probation for beating another child and during our court proceedings the charges of domestic violence have been dropped against me, the mother of the defendant and also the victim. After his 90 days is up then he comes home and Im worried for my well being as well as my four yr olds. How can I protect myself from my own child? Can I voluntarily terminate my parental rights if I am the victim? Any advise would be helpful.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Proserpina

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Nevada

If your a mother who has been often beaten and choked, by your own out of control son, what rights do you have? My Son is on probation for beating another child and during our court proceedings the charges of domestic violence have been dropped against me, the mother of the defendant and also the victim. After his 90 days is up then he comes home and Im worried for my well being as well as my four yr olds. How can I protect myself from my own child? Can I voluntarily terminate my parental rights if I am the victim? Any advise would be helpful.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

How old is he? Where is his father?

The short answer is no...you cannot terminate your parental rights.

You can, however, utilize the foster care system. I strongly suggest you talk to child services immediately.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">