• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can she re file a restraining order if she didnt show up

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jimmyd916

I just went to court on a bogus restraining order. my ex wife was an hour late and the court dismissed the charges. Her brother told me she refiled that same day. I want to know if the court would allow her to file another restraining order on me if she didnt show up. I live in california.

Last edited:

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I just went to court on a bogus restraining order. my ex wife was an hour late and the court dismissed the charges. Her brother told me she refiled that same day. I want to know if the court would allow her to file another restraining order on me if she didnt show up. I live in california.
Yep it is possible.

jimmyd916

ahhh this is horrible how am i supposed to exparty mediation until after the restraining order if i dont even know when the knew restraining order will go into effect.

CdwJava

ahhh this is horrible how am i supposed to exparty mediation until after the restraining order if i dont even know when the knew restraining order will go into effect.
If she has filed a new one, you will have to be served with the new one, and you can then make your response once again.

Yes, it is frustrating, but if she is gaming the system, a judge will eventually get peeved at her.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">