• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can Those Convicted of Domestic Violence Own Compound Bow's?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ginsa

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Michigan

I've read that the Supreme Court upheld the federal Lautenberg Amendment that bans convicted domestic violence abusers from possessing firearms? Does this include all weapons or just guns?

Proserpina

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Michigan

I've read that the Supreme Court upheld the federal Lautenberg Amendment that bans convicted domestic violence abusers from possessing firearms? Does this include all weapons or just guns?
Try giving the Michigan Coalition for Responsible Gun Owners a call : 517-484-2746

They'll probably know more about it than most of us!

Just Blue

Last time I looked, a FIREARM was a weapon that uses powder actuated projectiles(ammunition). You have rockets on your arrows? You can't have them. A bow is NOT a firearm. You can own a pellet rifle, an air gun (or pistol), a bow, a knife, anything that doesn't use POWDER ACTUATED PROJECTILES.
Arttie, If you are going to post on another members thread, then please look up the applicable statute/case law for the state in question and post a link with your answer. The link should be to the states Government site and not the NRA.

Thank you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">