• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can you go to jail for assault with no proof?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

i didn't know how to address the situation without antagonizing her and further endangering the children.
this is me shaking my head...Honey, let me tell you something, I may love my husband and we get on each others nerves BUT never for one SECOND if I either thought or KNEW{in your case} that my husband or wife was abusing OUR children, I would be out the door with the kids in a heartbeat, children are precious, innocent beings, they do NOT deserve to be treated poorly or hurt at all.

There is ALWAYS a way, always SOMETHING that can be done, people feel like there is not when there is.

Case in point, you could have called the cops on your wife, you could have called CPS on her way before, you could have confronted her directly and tried to get her help or counseling, you could have taken the kids out the picture until mom could get her act together....I can think of a million more things but I am tired...

The little one is out..... Central, Can I get a 20 on the bed...

Isis1

you have to understand what kind of person she is.
she gets mad, she takes it out on the children.

if it makes me a coward to not want to do something that might cause further harm to my children, then i am a coward then.
I want you to sit in your seat, read what you typed, outloud.

Now, when your done with that, watch me translate this for a judge. "I have no desire to protect my children. They are not worth protecting by doing something. ANYTHING."

you have to understand what kind of person she is.
she gets mad, she takes it out on the children.

if it makes me a coward to not want to do something that might cause further harm to my children, then i am a coward then.
OK, going to yell a bit here....YOU TAKE YOUR CHILDREN OUT OF THE SITUATION THEN!

I dont care which parent it is, your childrens safety is more important than pissing off the ex...Once again, this is just off the top of my head, I would have called up the nearest police precinct and find a domestic violence shelter and left with the kids!!

That's if it is really as you are saying....

mistoffolees

OK, going to yell a bit here....YOU TAKE YOUR CHILDREN OUT OF THE SITUATION THEN!
Whoa... That's likely to make it worse for the kids.

Go to the first post in this thread. OP is being charged with abuse, harassment, etc. If he take the kids out while facing charges for all those things, he may well lose the court battle - AND any ability to protect the kids.

I would call CPS. He says he has witnesses that abuse has occurred, so it should be a slam dunk for CPS --- without getting him into further trouble and risking losing ANY place in the situation.

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
Whoa... That's likely to make it worse for the kids.

Go to the first post in this thread. OP is being charged with abuse, harassment, etc. If he take the kids out while facing charges for all those things, he may well lose the court battle - AND any ability to protect the kids.

I would call CPS. He says he has witnesses that abuse has occurred, so it should be a slam dunk for CPS --- without getting him into further trouble and risking losing ANY place in the situation.
Dude, go back and read OP's posting HX.... He's no innocent. :cool:

mistoffolees

Dude, go back and read OP's posting HX.... He's no innocent. :cool:
I'm sure he isn't.

But the point is that there are charges against him for violence, abuse, harassment, etc. He believes his child(ren) are being abused by the CP.

The advice being given was for OP to directly interfere with mom's Custody. I was simply pointing out that if he did that, he could be making the problem worse rather than helping it.

If the children are in danger, he can contact CPS and get the same result (the children's safety) without making his own situation worse. That's not to suggest that his other problems are going to go away - he still has to deal with them, but I wouldn't want him to make his other problems worse.

Only issue is that the children have already been taken out of the home and placed with the OP's foster mother for the duration of the investigation. I was making that reference that if it was me in that situation, I would not be staying in an abusive situation with the children.

Normally I would agree with you on that;) but yes see this guy's hx, not exactly sunshine and lollipops, also technicaly if they are married they are both entitled to custody if there are no court orders in place.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">