• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Change of Judge - Same Judge/Same family PPO response

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Urbansound

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?

Michigan, 20th Circuit court.

Hi,

Thank you for the help the board provides. I am the Pro Per respondant of a PPO filed against me by my wife, ex parte. My wife has adoptive custody of a 6 year old boy and as her husband having raised the lad for the three years of our marriage, I was recognised as a "next friend" in the adoption.

I have filed motion to rescind the PPO, due in hearing the 20th of September just around the corner. There is need of widening the scope of matters surrounding the PPO by my wife only to me personally, but where child endangerment is a valid concern.

Since I was present at the adoption and my wife is a bi-polar manic depressed patient under treatment at the time, but not revealed in the adoption review, her spurious actions against me, now threaten the care I provide to this young boy, having stayed me from entering my own home.

My desire is to petition the court for a descision of change of judge, under the concerns for one judge/one family as Michigan has recognised, however this particular court has not yet made precident itself, in that manner.

I don't care to place the issue as a hard motion upon the court, but rather a requirement to identify myself, that the petioner failed to identify the standing adoption order in her filing as required and therefore the judge who would have care of familial continuity, is not hearing the response, which will entertain proof of mental incapcity in her behaviours of child endangerment.

Is there a mechanism of petition which I can enter to ask the court to make a ruling if change of judge would be in the child's best interest and to enter supporting evidence without prejudice to the evidence, should a change not occur?

If so, is this a change of venue = different judge? Or specifically a change of judge, not being venue. Currently the judge hearing the response is assigned PPO's and the Family Circuit Judge is in the same court, but family/probate.

I am seeing MCR rules that require I identify the cause, child, adoption proceeding, etc., in rather substancial filing requirements, so asking the court's ruling is desired that the court affect the change, rather than me as the respondent petitioning and moving for the change forcefully.

I am seeking to establish evidence of a Child Protection Complaint filed against my wife by God parents, and assure that the complaint become included to the case, without prejudice.

Rather sticky mixing PPO response with gravity of adopted, however the child is in well documented danger of harm by his mother.

Any suggestions would be truly appreciated.

Thank you,

Bewildered Father

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">