• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child endangerment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Wonderland1942

My daughters mother was arrested for child endangerment charges for driving intoxicated with my daughter in the car, 3 months later she once again became intoxicated and I was called to pick up my daughter, the police were called but no charges were pressed. This event occurred exactly three months after her other arrest. She is waiting indictment still on the child abuse charges, is there anyway I can press charges for my daughter or inform the court of her drinking again which was a violation of her condition of release. I filed an emergency custody order and now have custody of my daughter. Her mother has to attend alcohol treatment, but is there a way I can press these charges further and make sure this case proceeds against her, as it has now been about 4 months since her arrest and nothing has happened.

Proserpina

My daughters mother was arrested for child endangerment charges for driving intoxicated with my daughter in the car, 3 months later she once again became intoxicated and I was called to pick up my daughter, the police were called but no charges were pressed. This event occurred exactly three months after her other arrest. She is waiting indictment still on the child abuse charges, is there anyway I can press charges for my daughter or inform the court of her drinking again which was a violation of her condition of release. I filed an emergency custody order and now have custody of my daughter. Her mother has to attend alcohol treatment, but is there a way I can press these charges further and make sure this case proceeds against her, as it has now been about 4 months since her arrest and nothing has happened.

It's out of your hands.

You have to wait for the court system to do what it does; you already have custody which is by far the priority here.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">