• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

child rapest goes free and children services did nothing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

justdeserts

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? (Ohio)
The story im writing about is true. Im purposely going to be vague so as to protect the identity of the victim. What im seeking is any advice regarding prosecuting the monster i am about to describe.

Victim x resided in a home with parent and step-parent and numerous sibblings. In the early 1990's victim x's step-parent begins sexually abusing / raping them. The abuse / rapes were repeated and frequent over the next couple years. Victim x's parent was aware of the sexual abuse /rapes and had even witnessed an act on one occassion and did nothing to stop it or report. The sexual abuse / rapes continued. Victim x tells a friend of the sexual abuse /rapes rapes. The friend tells school officials who in turn report the sexual abuse to childrens services. Children services opens an investigation contacting both parents and victim x. The caseworker does everything wrong. Long story short the abusing parent admits to sexually abusing victim x and apologizes to victim x per the demands of the caseworker. The abusing parent states they cant control themselves. Victim x's other parent is present during the admission. The caseworker took detailed and graphic notes about the sexual abuse and admission. The caseworker nor childrens services ever reported the sexual abuse /rapes to the police. The abusing parent was ordered to leave the home but within 2 months returned and continued to sexually abuse and rape victim x for several more years before victim x turned 18 and left home. The abusing parent was never arrested or charged even though they admitted to the caseworker the sexual abuse and the case worker documented the admissions in her reports.
Does anyone have any advice on what can be done and how to proceed. This monster has been free and probably still raping children. Please help victim x get the justice they deserve. Thank you. Victim x has requested all files from child services and after 4 months all they gave was a 2 page typed brief which states that the abusing parent admitted to the sexual abuse, they couldnt control themselves, and contained graphic detail of the sexual abuse.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Proserpina

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? (Ohio)
The story im writing about is true. Im purposely going to be vague so as to protect the identity of the victim. What im seeking is any advice regarding prosecuting the monster i am about to describe.

Please have the alleged victim sign up.

Thanks!

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
May i ask why the victim should sign up? Thank you for the response?
Because s/he will have answers to the relevant questions that need to be answered - we prefer to go to the source instead of playing "Telephone" with a third party.

Thank you.

CdwJava

Does anyone have any advice on what can be done and how to proceed.
What does the victim WANT to be done?

When did the sexual abuse end? What s the nature of the abuse? You say "abuse" and "rape" but those terms are often misused by laypersons and they have very specific legal definitions. Also, depending on how long ago this occurred, the most recent incident may be too old to act on.

The other parent could also have gone to the police. In fact, an argument can be made that the other parent is also criminally or civilly liable for failure to protect. If the victim feels this strongly, the victim is certainly free to go to the police him/herself and can consult an attorney to discuss suing his/her parents.

ksmmama

Hi I am victim X. The help that I am looking for is the help that I did not get from when I was a child and asked for help. You have to forgive me but I don't have very much faith in the justice system considering that they did no justice for me. But, now that I am an adult I need to understand what went wrong and how I fell thru the system and hopefully thru this journey I can prevent others from their voices falling upon deaf ears. The abuse that you questioned about? It was mentally, physically, and sexual. It was at the hands of my step-father. The earliest age that I can remember the first encounter was at the age of 11. It was abuse and rape. I know the legal definition for both and this fall under both catagories. I was recently told that this had occured also as a toddler by the hands of the same man. Now I have to make it very clear that this abuse that went on was not an every other day thing. It was everyday. It did not end until the day I turned 18 and moved out of the house. My mom knew what was happening to me and did nothing to protect me. She blamed me. She told me after children services were called that "she hated my guts because I stole her husband". Four months ago I asked children services for copies of my records from the early 90's when they were called out. All I recieved from the was a page and half of someone picking and choosing what they wanted to reveal that was in my records. There was a confession from my step-father. He was asked to leave. I was never questioned by the police and after 2 months of my step father being out of the house he returned and the abuse became even worse. I'm asking, is there any hope that this may be something that I should pursue with filing charges against children services, my mother, and step-father?
Thank you for your time.

CdwJava

Same questions ... what state is this? When was the last date of occurrence (roughly), and how old were you when the last molestation or rape occurred? Are you male or female?

Have you reported this to the police? If not, why not?

Ultimately your abuser is responsible, and your mother for failing to protect you. If you think this is a golden egg lawsuit against CPS, I doubt it. But, a lot would depend on details and the answers to the above questions.

ksmmama

The state is Ohio. The date of the last molestation was in 1996.
I am a female I am 33 years old. I have given the paper that was given to me by children services to a detective here in Ohio. I know that this is not going to be easy I wasn't expecting it to be. But ive had to live with this for some time now and it's worth the fight.

Proserpina

The state is Ohio. The date of the last molestation was in 1996.
I am a female I am 33 years old. I have given the paper that was given to me by children services to a detective here in Ohio. I know that this is not going to be easy I wasn't expecting it to be. But ive had to live with this for some time now and it's worth the fight.

I think the biggest problem you have - other than the need for counseling - is the statute of limitations issue.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">