• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

child support and restriction order

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

alex roca

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? texas
I dated a woman that had a child back in 1993 at the time the mother claimed that he was not my child and even registered the child under her maiden last name , I still dated her until the kid was 3.5 years old however when the kid was 2.5 years old she filed a restricction order against me claiming that I had tried to cut her head,however she latter told me that according to her mother and sister that was the only way to get rid of me,when I went to court she refused to withdraw the order and when I asked the court what I needed to do to figth the order they told me that it was going to cost me too much and probably I wouldn't succeed and that if I was to agreed to the restriction order that it wouldn't affect me on the future since it was only a restricction order and not a criminal charges , at the age of 3.5 years old she decided to get married and told me not to get close to her, her child or her house because she would file a new restriction order and that her fiance was going to adopt the child and even change his name to reflect his,well last november ( 2007 )the her son call me to tell me that he was my son which I responded wooow thats great I met him and tried tospend time with him gave some money per month and tried to give him a car because he kept telling me that he needed some transportation but apparently themother and his family decided that the car was enougth they reurned my car claiming that was a piece of junk and he stopped accepting my calls and they filed for child support ,I had my 2nd meeting today with the AG office today after they told me that the DNA test was positive they told her that they only they could go back 4 years as retroactive when she saw the amount that was due she was real unhappy since she was hoping to collect for the last 17 years, at that time she claim that the paper work had started with the restriction order and she didn't sign any agreement , so they have to serve me now and have to go to a judge , can they force me to pay for the last 17 years or do you think that she only will get the last 4 years .

THANK YOU FOR YOUR ANSWER

BL

Most likely it will only go back four years if allowed .

Quit calling your son " kid " .

Start being a Dad , get visits , etc .

Just because the mother may be able get get restriction from her , you should still be able to get court ordered visitations .

Shame on the both of you .

Paternity should have been established a long time ago , and visitations/custody/child support .

Gracie3787

My father used to refer to me and my sisters as "THEM". As in "You're going to leave me with them?"
That reminds me of an old, old sci-fi movie called "Them", it's about giant ants taking over a town. (I love old sci-fi, nature goes wild due to man's stupidity, movies).:D

Rushia

That reminds me of an old, old sci-fi movie called "Them", it's about giant ants taking over a town. (I love old sci-fi, nature goes wild due to man's stupidity, movies).:D
That's exactly where he got it from cause we "bugged" him. LOL!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">