• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

childabuse suspected to my children and i live in another state

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mountainhigh

i wrote in another thread but i am assuming this is the section that i should be writting in.
my two children 8 and 11 live in washington state with their mother and live- in boyfriend, i now live in colorado with my wife and other children. (due to court and lawyer fees basically for modifacation and that my ex wants private tuition cost, that i can not afford, we lost our home and more, we moved to co. with wife's mother to get back up on our feet. (my ex comes from an extremly rich family, i am just an average to below average income joe)).
my daughters and i have had a very close and loving relationship.
in the last couple months everything has been escalating in my ex's home. the children are getting cursed at all the time, pushed against walls, thrown on their beds, their mother digs so hard in their arms with her nails when she is mad at them they scream so loud that my one daughter can hear her sister screaming at her friends house, the children are made to listen to their mother and boyfriend degrade me and say i don't love them, the interogate the children after each phone call to see what we have talked about, in all the children are becoming deathly afraid of the mother and boyfriend. BUT of course this is their mother and they still love their mother so they want to protect her.
the situation has just gotten worse throughout the year and i have gotten so concerned that due to others advice i called cps in wash. state and of course since there is no proof they will not interfere in someones life.
how do i help my children, how do i get them away from a situtation that is leading to more harm. i have done everything since my divorce in the childrens best intrest to protect them. what if anything or even some reassurring advice, can i do, before one of my children end up in the hospital or so emotionally and mentally hurt. my daughter even says, dad, mom might not be physically (this was earlier before the physical came in) abusing me but i know she is mentally abusing me.

sorry for the long message, but there is so much to say and it seems there will never be enough paper

a dad who needs help for the ones he loves

R

ravonred341

My heart aches for you. You seem like a very caring and kind father.

I am just an average person - no one with any legal expertise - but I think if you could convince your children to go to their school counselor they might be able to help. I believe that they are bound by law to notify the proper authorities when there is a report or even suspected abuse.

Good luck, God bless! I will keep you and your daughters in my prayers.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">