+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BlueDogblackdog is offline Junior Member

Angry Children Sexually abused by grandfather

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

A grandfather makes sexual advances to his 18 year old granddaughter (adopted at 11 by her parents). She's asleep at her GP's house, and GM goes to work, so GP touches the sleeping teen till she wakes up, and she leaves the house. He meets her later to convince her why she should become his mistress.
    It comes to light that 2 years ago he also molested her then 10 year old sister, (also adopted), and their then 9 year old cousin. (stepchild of his son).

Police reports made, investigations are initiated, 2 weeks pass, Grandfather finds out about investigation. Grandfather prepares will, leaves everything to grandma, commits suicide.

Police drops the case.

No apologies or acknowledgement is forthcoming to the children/victims.

True cause of pedophile's death is covered up by family, pedophile gets huge funeral, and celebrated by family, friends, church members.

Children are left to carry the blame for Grandfather's death, since they understand the case and subsequent suicide. Both mother's of the 3 children are told not to attend funeral and to stay away with children.

How can justice be had for the children that were victimized ? What avenues are available for them and what are they entitles to ?

Many thanks.

pi$$ed off mother.
    Proserpina is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueDogblackdog View Post

A grandfather makes sexual advances to his 18 year old granddaughter (adopted at 11 by her parents). She's asleep at her GP's house, and GM goes to work, so GP touches the sleeping teen till she wakes up, and she leaves the house. He meets her later to convince her why she should become his mistress.
    It comes to light that 2 years ago he also molested her then 10 year old sister, (also adopted), and their then 9 year old cousin. (stepchild of his son).

Police reports made, investigations are initiated, 2 weeks pass, Grandfather finds out about investigation. Grandfather prepares will, leaves everything to grandma, commits suicide.

Police drops the case.

True cause of pedophile's death is covered up by family, pedophile gets huge funeral, and celebrated by family, friends, church members.

Children are left to carry the blame for Grandfather's death, since they understand the case and subsequent suicide. Both mother's of the 3 children are told not to attend funeral and to stay away with children.

How can justice be had for the children that were victimized ? What avenues are available for them and what are they entitles to ?

Many thanks.

pi$$ed off mother.

What do you think can happen?

The alleged perpetrator is dead. And without a conviction, I cannot see how there could be any restitution.

The alleged victims can, and should, seek therapy to help them deal with the situation.
    Silverplum is offline Senior Member

Police drops the case.

Many thanks.

pi$$ed off mother.
    He's dead. I don't know of any "justice" to be had on a dead man.
    Antigone* is offline Senior Member
    In honor of JetX ~ Somnambulist University

Police drops the case.

Many thanks.

pi$$ed off mother.
    In this case justice belongs to the Man upstairs. You are going to have to be at peace with yourself in knowing that.

I hope you are getting help for your children.
    tuffbrk is offline Senior Member
    Please get the children counseling.
    cyjeff is offline Senior Member
    And then do your own homework.
    mistoffolees is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverplum View Post
    Well, they're welcome to go spit on his grave, but I can't imagine anything beyond that.

I agree - the whole family needs counseling.
    >Charlotte< is offline Senior Member
    Grandfather finds out about investigation. Grandfather prepares will, leaves everything to grandma, commits suicide.

Both mother's of the 3 children are told not to attend funeral and to stay away with children.
    Because you made it a point to mention his will and what it entailed, I'm assuming you want to know if you can sue his estate for money. Although you can sue just about anybody for just about anything, you're going to have a very tough time winning a suit against a dead man who was never convicted of this crime.

You also seem to imply winning this suit would punish the rest of the family for their denial and hard feelings. Keep in mind that no matter how badly they may have handled this, they have committed no crime and you have no recourse there.

If these children were molested, money is not going to make it all better. They need therapy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverplum View Post
    They don't want justice, they want money.
    Quote Originally Posted by >Charlotte< View Post
    They don't want justice, they want money.
    Or to figure out how that plot on "Matlock" worked out.

Have you ever tried to keep a high profile suicide a secret?

Or a high profile pedophile that KILLED himself over it and no one finds out? AFTER an investigation has been started?

Someone is doing homework or working on a movie plot...either of which I hope is better written than the post.
    Zigner is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cyjeff View Post
    And then do your own homework.
    Based on the tenor of the post, I thought that too, but I suspect this is not homework.
    Quote Originally Posted by cyjeff View Post
    Have you ever tried to keep a high profile suicide a secret?
    We don't know that it was a high profile suicide, or really that it was a high profile anything. Accusations were made, and the police started looking into it. Two weeks later he was dead. OP does not say that he was ever charged or arrested. Even if he was, that doesn't necessarily raise the general awareness of the case.

For that matter, who says it's a secret? The family may not have divulged the true cause of death, but I'll bet there's plenty of whispering going around.
    Quote Originally Posted by >Charlotte< View Post
    We don't know that it was a high profile suicide, or really that it was a high profile anything. Accusations were made, and the police started looking into it. Two weeks later he was dead. OP does not say that he was ever charged or arrested. Even if he was, that doesn't necessarily raise the general awareness of the case.

For that matter, who says it's a secret? The family may not have divulged the true cause of death, but I'll bet there's plenty of whispering going around.
    This part of the OP's post...

CdwJava is offline Senior Member
    When people die - particularly by their own hand - loved ones are unlikely to highlight the underlying stresses that caused the person to take their own life ... especially if they involved such heinous accusations as these. Of course, the accusations might also backfire in that people who refuse to believe that the deceased is capable of such a heinous act would respond viciously towards the people who made the accusations perhaps accusing them of making the whole thing up and driving him to his death. So, it may be best that the family just kept the stressors to themselves.
    A Nor Cal Cop Sergeant

"Make mine a double mocha ...
    And a croissant!"

Seek justice,
    Love mercy,
    Walk humbly with your God

-- Courageous, by Casting Crowns ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkM-gDcmJeM
    Alright, alright... I will accept the post as written.

OP, the person you would sue is dead. I don't know from whom you expect an apology...

Talk to attorneys about suing the estate if you wish. If you can't find one that will do it on contingency, you know how strong your case is.