• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Civil harassment case?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

olivero

(Minnesota, USA)
Hi,
I live with two roommates who my significant other and I have not been getting along. Usually, I realize this would not require any kind of legal intervention, however the aggressive nature of their behavior has made me feel unsafe and unwelcome in the home I pay to live in. In the past few weeks, animal feces has been left outside my bedroom door twice, my significant other has been trapped in our room by a broom wedged behind our door, and has had vague threats made at him by our roommate: "someday someones going to teach you a lesson.. you better wipe that smug look ff your face before I.." etc I have each incident documented and dated, and I think they are trying to make our lives hell so that we move out (we are all on the lease, we can't afford to pay out). Do I have a case?

Just Blue

(Minnesota, USA)
Hi,
I live with two roommates who my significant other and I have not been getting along. Usually, I realize this would not require any kind of legal intervention, however the aggressive nature of their behavior has made me feel unsafe and unwelcome in the home I pay to live in. In the past few weeks, animal feces has been left outside my bedroom door twice, my significant other has been trapped in our room by a broom wedged behind our door, and has had vague threats made at him by our roommate: "someday someones going to teach you a lesson.. you better wipe that smug look ff your face before I.." etc I have each incident documented and dated, and I think they are trying to make our lives hell so that we move out (we are all on the lease, we can't afford to pay out). Do I have a case?
Yup. You have a "case" for moving. :rolleyes:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">