• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

computer harrassment or cyber stalking

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

wlesher

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Pennsylvania
someone has been posing as me on an internet website. this person has posted intimate photos and has been solicting sex (legal and illegal). the pennsylvania state police simply want to charge this person with harrassment by communication which is a 3rd degree misdemeanor. this person has a PFA ( from me ) in place and did at the time these things occurred and also was on probation. i need some advice. i can't afford an attorney to advise me. i know there are cyberstalking stautes ( federal and state) can someone assist me in finding information on what the appropiate charge should be....thank youWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Gracie3787

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Pennsylvania
someone has been posing as me on an internet website. this person has posted intimate photos and has been solicting sex (legal and illegal). the pennsylvania state police simply want to charge this person with harrassment by communication which is a 3rd degree misdemeanor. this person has a PFA ( from me ) in place and did at the time these things occurred and also was on probation. i need some advice. i can't afford an attorney to advise me. i know there are cyberstalking stautes ( federal and state) can someone assist me in finding information on what the appropiate charge should be....thank youWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Have you filed to have the PFA enforced?

If not, you should do so ASAP.

wlesher

the state police are going to go forward with charges the problem is they only want to do harrassment which is a M3 that would only carry a sentence of 6 months probation. i haven't gotten an answer on what the violation of the pfa would bring. this person just doesn't stop with the harrassment becuse he knows it's just gonna get him probation. if i could convince the state police to charge him with stalking it would be a M1. that would bring jail time most likely with the prior probations and i think then it might put a stop to it. i need to get some advice on what or how to present to the state police to convince them to set the charge at the more serious stalking level instead of harrassment.

Gracie3787

the state police are going to go forward with charges the problem is they only want to do harrassment which is a M3 that would only carry a sentence of 6 months probation. i haven't gotten an answer on what the violation of the pfa would bring. this person just doesn't stop with the harrassment becuse he knows it's just gonna get him probation. if i could convince the state police to charge him with stalking it would be a M1. that would bring jail time most likely with the prior probations and i think then it might put a stop to it. i need to get some advice on what or how to present to the state police to convince them to set the charge at the more serious stalking level instead of harrassment.
YOU have to file with the court to have the PFA enforced for the violation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">