• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Cops not treating my case as a priority

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CdwJava

You're being a little melodramatic. All because the police have been unable to act in a speed you might like does not mean that your complaint is being ignored or that your plight is being made light of. The legal system is never speedy, and the accused have a great number of rights. So, this might take time. If it can be shown beyond a reasonable doubt that he assaulted you and inflicted the injuries you indicate, then he will eventually face justice. Bt, it might have to wait for a warrant and then for the to find out where he is hiding. That's the nature of the beast.

Imafraid

Im not being melo dramatic .... He has been posting pictures of me naked that we took while in our relationship ..... On facebook today ..... Some one recongonized me and sent me a screen shot of the post ...... He has also sent me emails bc he cant reach me ..... Begging me to drop the charges ..... Saying he promises hell stop what a huge mistake i made ......

CdwJava

Im not being melo dramatic .... He has been posting pictures of me naked that we took while in our relationship ..... On facebook today ..... Some one recongonized me and sent me a screen shot of the post ...... He has also sent me emails bc he cant reach me ..... Begging me to drop the charges ..... Saying he promises hell stop what a huge mistake i made ......
Yes, you were:

"i never should have went to the cops and i never should have seeked advise ..... i would have been better off just taking it at least i wouldnt still feel so dirty"​

THAT is melodramatic.

No one said that nothing should happen to your attacker, just that it has to be investigated. Very often they can no more just run out and arrest him on your say-so a day or more after your complaint than they can arrest you on his say-so. Even if they believe you, that does not mean they can just go and hook him up. And if he does not answer the door? Well, then they have to wait for an arrest warrant and depending in jurisdiction this might take a few weeks to obtain once the matter has been submitted to the prosecutor.

So, I will fall back to my original suggestion - call the police department and ask them where the investigation stands. As I mentioned, one week is not all that long in criminal justice parlance.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Unfortunately, that is a risk when you allow someone to take intimate photos of you. (Which, frankly, is something I have never understood.) Be taht as it may - you gave him the photos, and he gets to do with them as he will.

As for your case from the assault... Investigations take time. The authorities can't simply act on your say-so. And he may tell a very different story than you do. BTDT.

Why are you still accepting his emails? Block his addy. Block his phone number so he can't call you. Just stop any and all possible contact. NOW.

Hot Topic

Women do things that defy good sense, then they're surprised when those things come back and bite them in the backside. And they want the police to drop everything in order to deal with their stupidity.

You may not have deserved what you got, but you sure as heck set yourself up for it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">