• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Could I get in trouble for this?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

chantell7

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Louisiana

Recently,about 3mnths ago I'd put a restraining order on my boyfriend of 2yrs for his physical and emotional abuse. Right now I'm going on 7mnths pregnant. When we went to court, the judge gave him 6mnths, and told us to only contact one another regarding the baby, and when I go to have the baby in the hospital, he's welcome to go since it's a supervised area. The problem I'm having right now is that a mnth after putting him on the restraining order,I let him talk me into moving back in and now that he's staying with me again, its hard to get rid of him. Ever since he found out that I put a restraining order on him and he's been around me, I haven't really seen any physical abuse from him, just emotional abuse. My question is, since I violated the restraining order and he was to start the physical abuse again, can I get in trouble too if I were to call the cops on him? The only reason I let him come back was because, besides all the abuse, he was the only one there to help me if I needed a ride somewhere or anything, but I'm just ready to get away from him now for sure, cause I realize he's never going to change his ways. I can't just up and leave right now, cause I really don't have any place to go right now. What should I do?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What you need to do is kick him out and if he doesn't leave, call the police. And then DO NOT play games again. He is violating the restraining order. You might be depending on the wording.

chantell7

So, I can't get in trouble for calling the cops on him, even though I put a restraining order on him and let him back in, when he's really not suppose to be around here at all?

njlisa

If you want to be with him then go back to court and drop the restraining order.

RESTRAINING ORDERS are a serious matter. Don't involve the police, friends, family unless you are going to follow through. Now you will be involving an innocent baby in your mess. Put the baby FIRST in your life. Do you want a child to watch as he destroys you emotionally? BE STRONG AND LEAVE HIM.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">