+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    CABAD is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1

    Court issued Criminal Protective Order, how do I modify

    What is the name of your state? California

    It's been over a year now since the criminal protective order was issued by the court, and my husband and I would like to reconcile. The current order is valid for 3 years, he has completed his requirements, and now we would like to move on with counseling. How do I go about requesting to modify the protective order? Which forms to use.
  2. #2
    StickyFingers is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    863
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAD
    What is the name of your state? California

    It's been over a year now since the criminal protective order was issued by the court, and my husband and I would like to reconcile. The current order is valid for 3 years, he has completed his requirements, and now we would like to move on with counseling. How do I go about requesting to modify the protective order? Which forms to use.
    Sorry..There are no forms entitled "My husband beat the crap out of me...but since, he has been reborn/knows better/has had counseling...I know it won't happen again..I would like to drop the protective order."
  3. #3
    Ohiogal is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    50,926
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAD
    What is the name of your state? California

    It's been over a year now since the criminal protective order was issued by the court, and my husband and I would like to reconcile. The current order is valid for 3 years, he has completed his requirements, and now we would like to move on with counseling. How do I go about requesting to modify the protective order? Which forms to use.
    If you really want to do this, you write a motion asking the CPO to be dismissed. They will schedule a hearing and you go to court and ask the court to drop it. But if he did it once he will do it again.
  4. #4
    StickyFingers is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    863
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohiogal
    If you really want to do this, you write a motion asking the CPO to be dismissed. They will schedule a hearing and you go to court and ask the court to drop it. But if he did it once he will do it again.
    Sadly, The OP's question is considered the "expected" response for battered spouses.

    Sad, really.
  5. #5
    Ohiogal is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    50,926
    Quote Originally Posted by StickyFingers
    Sadly, The OP's question is considered the "expected" response for battered spouses.

    Sad, really.
    Yeah I know. Extremely sad. Even worse when the children start making the same excuses.
  6. #6
    StickyFingers is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    863
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohiogal
    Yeah I know. Extremely sad. Even worse when the children start making the same excuses.
    The cycle....goes on..and on..and on...

    Till someone has enough....and changes it. I am willing to bet it won't change.

    Too easy for her to go back...Then fight for what is right.

    BTDT.

    But I bet she comes back and says that I don't know anything about it......

Similar Threads

  1. How can i get a criminal protective order removed in California?
    By jcvbme in forum Domestic Violence & Abuse
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-09-2011, 06:46 AM
  2. iam going to court for protective order
    By frank eba in forum Domestic Violence & Abuse
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-25-2010, 10:38 AM
  3. Appeals Court Vacates Family Court issued Restraining Order
    By patricks in forum Child Custody & Visitation
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-04-2008, 11:57 AM
  4. URGENT modify/dismiss protective order?
    By readytoscream in forum Domestic Violence & Abuse
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-26-2005, 07:19 PM
  5. is a protective order criminal or civil matter
    By lecktor in forum Divorce, Separation & Annulment
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-25-2005, 10:15 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

© 1995-2012 Advice Company, All Rights Reserved

FreeAdvice® has been providing millions of consumers with outstanding advice, free, since 1995. While not a substitute for personal advice from a licensed professional, it is available AS IS, subject to our Disclaimer and Terms & Conditions Of Use.