• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Court issued Criminal Protective Order, how do I modify

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CABAD

What is the name of your state? California

It's been over a year now since the criminal protective order was issued by the court, and my husband and I would like to reconcile. The current order is valid for 3 years, he has completed his requirements, and now we would like to move on with counseling. How do I go about requesting to modify the protective order? Which forms to use.

CABAD said:

It's been over a year now since the criminal protective order was issued by the court, and my husband and I would like to reconcile. The current order is valid for 3 years, he has completed his requirements, and now we would like to move on with counseling. How do I go about requesting to modify the protective order? Which forms to use.
Sorry..There are no forms entitled "My husband beat the crap out of me...but since, he has been reborn/knows better/has had counseling...I know it won't happen again..I would like to drop the protective order.":rolleyes:

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
CABAD said:

If you really want to do this, you write a motion asking the CPO to be dismissed. They will schedule a hearing and you go to court and ask the court to drop it. But if he did it once he will do it again.

Ohiogal said:
If you really want to do this, you write a motion asking the CPO to be dismissed. They will schedule a hearing and you go to court and ask the court to drop it. But if he did it once he will do it again.
Sadly, The OP's question is considered the "expected" response for battered spouses.:( :rolleyes:

Sad, really.:eek:

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
StickyFingers said:
Sadly, The OP's question is considered the "expected" response for battered spouses.:( :rolleyes:

Sad, really.:eek:
Yeah I know. Extremely sad. Even worse when the children start making the same excuses.

Ohiogal said:
Yeah I know. Extremely sad. Even worse when the children start making the same excuses.
The cycle....goes on..and on..and on...

Till someone has enough....and changes it. I am willing to bet it won't change.

Too easy for her to go back...Then fight for what is right.

BTDT.

But I bet she comes back and says that I don't know anything about it......:(

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">