• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

crazy ex girlfriend/baby's mother is stalking and harrasing me.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

randall_l

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

long story short... i could not stand the childlessness, ungratefulness, or laziness of my baby's mother any longer and had her move out of my house. we have been this way for a couple months now, somewhat being civil with each other for the sake of our 10 month old son. we split days with him evenly.

the problem that i am having is that she still tries to constantly argue and bicker with me. ive told her so many times to leave me alone unless it concerns our son. but she wont stop. I have some indication that she knows passwords to my E-Mail, to my facebook, my cellphone billing, and who knows what else. i assume this due to the fact that she knows about everything i do! who i talk to. what im doing over the weekend. she even finds out the phone numbers to other girls that i converse with and she confronts them via text message. she tells me that she is going to "beat her ass" when she sees the other girl. also, when i am going out she says that she is coming to my house with my son to drop him off so i cant go out. and that if im not there she will just wait out side for me. Im tired of dealing with her all together. but i have no idea what legal steps to take to put an end to this constant drama. please advise.....

randall_l

First, change your passwords.
ive done so many of times... but she figures them out.. or changes them back sometimes... i revive random "password request" emails that i know i have not requested... im not very savvy with how email passwords are protected or changed but ive tried to my knowledge to keep her out of my personal information

Proserpina

ive done so many of times... but she figures them out.. or changes them back sometimes... i revive random "password request" emails that i know i have not requested... im not very savvy with how email passwords are protected or changed but ive tried to my knowledge to keep her out of my personal information

Seriously - educate yourself. It's honestly not difficult to change your information. Pick something completely and utterly unrelated to you, your work, beliefs, hobbies, family, everything.

Go to your email program and start reading the frequently asked questions and everything else.

Hot Topic

long story short... i could not stand the childlessness, ungratefulness, or laziness of my baby's mother any longer and had her move out of my house. we have been this way for a couple months now, somewhat being civil with each other for the sake of our 10 month old son. we split days with him evenly.

the problem that i am having is that she still tries to constantly argue and bicker with me. ive told her so many times to leave me alone unless it concerns our son. but she wont stop. I have some indication that she knows passwords to my E-Mail, to my facebook, my cellphone billing, and who knows what else. i assume this due to the fact that she knows about everything i do! who i talk to. what im doing over the weekend. she even finds out the phone numbers to other girls that i converse with and she confronts them via text message. she tells me that she is going to "beat her ass" when she sees the other girl. also, when i am going out she says that she is coming to my house with my son to drop him off so i cant go out. and that if im not there she will just wait out side for me. Im tired of dealing with her all together. but i have no idea what legal steps to take to put an end to this constant drama. please advise.....
You picked her to be the mother of your child. Don't expect to be able to shut her completely out of the child's life.

CSO286

See, the bolded is where our OP lost me.

mistoffolees

As others have told you. Change the passwords on your accounts. Make sure that you've changed the password on your email - and then she will not be able to get it. If there is a challenge question, change it to something she doesn't know. Even if you have to make something up (like saying your mother's maiden name is McGillicudy), you will be able to keep her from gaining access to your accounts.

Or get a free email account from gmail or any of the others and start using that. Change all of your accounts to use that free email account - and don't tell ex about it.

See, the bolded is where our OP lost me.
I suspect it was the beloved autocorrect feature. I'll bet OP was trying to type 'childishness' and made an error which caused autocorrect to write 'childlessness'.

TinkerBelleLuvr

You can also put a freeze on with Experion and other credit reporting agencies to not allow anyone to pull your credit without your approval.

Get a prepaid phone that she doesn't know about.

NellieBly

Get multiple email accounts and use them for separate contacts. That might slow her down.

By the way, I feel bad for her.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">