• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Criminal Contempt for Order of Protection Violation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

LoriinTN

I am in Tennessee. My ex-husband has been charged with criminal contempt for violating an order of protection. What will they do to him? A lot I hope.

Silverplum

I am in Tennessee. My ex-husband has been charged with criminal contempt for violating an order of protection. What will they do to him? A lot I hope.
Why are you posting as if you are the guy in one story here:
https://forum.freeadvice.com/other-crimes-federal-state-4/trespassing-public-drunkenness-resisting-arrest-559771.html
LoriinTN said:
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TN

I did something really stupid. I got really really drunk. I live with my girl friend and her son. I did a lot of yelling and eventually went outside and sat in my truck in the backyard. I was talking to my girlfriend on the phone. I told her I was sitting there with my gun (I didn't really have my gun but I do own one.) When I told her I had a gun she asked me if I was sitting in the backyard with a gun. Her son overheard her (he's 9 years old) and sneaked off to another room and called the police. They showed up at some point and came to the back of the house and pulled me out of the truck. They charged me with trespassing, public intoxication and resisting arrest. My girlfriend did not press charges of any kind. My court date is tomorrow. I'd really like to know what I can expect.
and the woman in another story here?

LoriinTN said:

LoriinTN

Same person, 2 different men

So, I'm apparently not making the wisest choices in men. My boyfriend is at work and asked me to post for him because he's worried.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">