• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

criminal domestic violence, first and second offense, public drunk. in south carolina

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

Brendada

my daughter-in-law called the sheriff after my son (32)
came home drunk again. the sheriff arrived as my son was
driving out of the yard. he is charged with cdv- first and second offense, and public drunk. he was not physically abusive, to any member of his family, but he does have a
record of dui convictions, either 2 or 3. he goes before a
judge 3/26/01, next monday. he is unsure whether or not it
would be better to plead guilty or innocent. he feels he's
not guilty of violence, since he did not strike anyone. he
is mainly concerned with not serving a jail sentence, though
so he would plead guilty to avoid jail. but, he doesn't know
what the penalty is. his wife wants him to enter a rehabilitation program, but feels he will not unless forced
by the judge.
in south carolina, what are the penalties for cdv, and have
judges in s.c. sentenced defendents to rehabilitation in
lieu of a jail term?

H

HumorMe!

Tell his wife to go in and be a witness on his behalf about the domestic violence. (Please, please tell me he actually didn't do it as opposed to you simply won't believe he did!) Why is he being charged with it if he didn't strike anyone? I don't understand how this came about and maybe if you explained that we could assist you further.

As for the rest of the question, I would have to suggest another board. I don't really have experience with dwi. I would suggest an attorney and perhaps the attorney can persuade him to accept treatment AND argue it as a sentence as opposed to jail time.

hm

B

Brendada

son's violence charge

how was he charged if he did not actually strike someone?
I wasn't there when the arrest occurred, but his wife
told me he did not hit her or the kids. She did not tell
me what she told the deputy. She did tell me she was sick
of his being drunk. (I don't blame her)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">