• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Current wife being abused by ex-wife

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

loplawski

I live in Illinois, My wife has been on occasion verbally berated by my ex-wife who still carries a grudge over our divorce. Just recently my wife was dropping off my 2 kids at a middle ground meeting place and my ex and her husband cornered her and laid into her over money. They both started this in front of the kids. She couldnt even get back into her car. She felt very threatened by them. This had nothing to do with her, and they are just going nuts trying to get more money than the 28% I currently pay. Is there anything that can be done about this ? We did file a police report but it seemed pointless. Any help is appreciated.

LdiJ

I live in Illinois, My wife has been on occasion verbally berated by my ex-wife who still carries a grudge over our divorce. Just recently my wife was dropping off my 2 kids at a middle ground meeting place and my ex and her husband cornered her and laid into her over money. They both started this in front of the kids. She couldnt even get back into her car. She felt very threatened by them. This had nothing to do with her, and they are just going nuts trying to get more money than the 28% I currently pay. Is there anything that can be done about this ? We did file a police report but it seemed pointless. Any help is appreciated.
Don't put your wife in that position again by having her provide the transportation. Do it yourself.

Antigone*

Why is your wife dropping off your kids? That is something you should be doing, especialy since you know how your ex-wife can be.

Aside from that I don't see anything else that you should do at this point.

loplawski

She was doing me a favor, I was unable to do it at the time. Thanks for the replies. The question was not should i have her drop off the kids. WOW ! NM

Antigone*

She was doing me a favor, I was unable to do it at the time. Thanks for the replies. The question was not should i have her drop off the kids. WOW ! NM
You're right, that wasn't your question, but it is our answer, and a perfectly logical solution.

If you want to hire an attorney you go right ahead, sheesh.:rolleyes:

loplawski

A logical solution to future problems yes. An answer to my question it was not. Get off your high horses. This site should be called Free Advice whether you it answers your question or not. I'll ask my dog from here on out. Thanks !

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Your question was "Is there anything that can be done about this?" WOW

What you can do about this is to not put your wife in to this position! :rolleyes:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
A logical solution to future problems yes. An answer to my question it was not. Get off your high horses. This site should be called Free Advice whether you it answers your question or not. I'll ask my dog from here on out. Thanks !
Yes, it WAS an absolute, positive, DIRECT answer to your question.

Antigone*

Aside from that I don't see anything else that you should do at this point.
Obviously you don't know how to read:rolleyes:.

Your poor wife:rolleyes:

OHRoadwarrior

Tell her to sympathize with the fact that none of you are millionaires. Have her remind them she has nothing to do with establishing or paying the support. Have her suggest they consult and attorney, if they feel the court ruled in error against them.

CSO286

Tell her to sympathize with the fact that none of you are millionaires. Have her remind them she has nothing to do with establishing or paying the support. Have her suggest they consult and attorney, if they feel the court ruled in error against them.
That is craptacular advice.

Engaging with them will only result in more problems for stepmom. Stepmom should be as far removed from the situation as possible.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">