• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

d.v. advice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ms.v

california

The father of my children is a u.s. citizen hes been here over 17+ yrs.. recentl we have a case of d.v., the d.a. picked up the case now.. i want to know how i can help him in anyway?? we're both young, i want to help him, he deserves a chance hes a good man, and alcohol had a lot to do with it you know. hes co owner of a bakery, like i said im not perfect nor is he but im willing to do anything even taking the blame, really wouldnt want my babies father to be deprted for a mistke like this... any advice please?????​

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
california

The father of my children is a u.s. citizen hes been here over 17+ yrs.. recentl we have a case of d.v., the d.a. picked up the case now.. i want to know how i can help him in anyway?? we're both young, i want to help him, he deserves a chance hes a good man, and alcohol had a lot to do with it you know. hes co owner of a bakery, like i said im not perfect nor is he but im willing to do anything even taking the blame, really wouldnt want my babies father to be deprted for a mistke like this... any advice please?????​
If the father of the child is a US citizen, then he won't be deported.

You need to remove yourself and your child from this situation if at all possible. Don't allow yourself to become a victim again.

CdwJava

california

If he is a US citizen, he will not be deported.

If he has an alcohol problem, he will need to get treated for that AND his apparent anger issues.

If convicted of a domestic violence offense, anger management counseling and maybe even substance abuse counseling will be mandated. If he has no priors, jail time will be unlikely, but probation and maybe a protective order prohibiting contact or, at least, violence towards you and your child will likely be forthcoming.

YOU are not to blame for HIS actions. Seek some counseling for yourself as well. And, understand, that if you allow him back in to the home in defiance of a protective order (if issued) or there are future DV incidents, you might stand a chance of losing your child. Most DV reports are also cross-reported from the police to child protective services, so they will almost certainly be following the case. Do what is right for you and your child, and let him do what he must to get back on track ... if he can.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">