• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

daughter in custody

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tigerlily87

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

my daughter is currently in dcf custody as my fiance and I were both arrested

the state decided not to prosecute is it sufficient evidence to get her back? especially seeing as there are no charges?

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

my daughter is currently in dcf custody as my fiance and I were both arrested

the state decided not to prosecute is it sufficient evidence to get her back? especially seeing as there are no charges?
I would recommend that you get an attorney to assist you. DCF may try to make you jump through unnecessary hoops without one.

quincy

I agree with LdiJ that you should speak with an attorney local to you.

I have a question about your two other failed attempts at starting a thread, however. The forum used to have problems with the "preview post" feature deleting content but that has been fixed. Posters should not have difficulty starting a thread based on previewing the post first. What happened?

tigerlily87

my phone was acting up, there a a bad spot in the screen I was trying to backspace and it hit enter to submit instead

I do have attorney supplied by the state. I'm just hoping to hear back before my case management conference on Wednesday as I got the news today. she's in foster care awaiting placement with family and if we don't have to go to the arraignment set up I'd prefer not to.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
my phone was acting up, there a a bad spot in the screen I was trying to backspace and it hit enter to submit instead

I do have attorney supplied by the state. I'm just hoping to hear back before my case management conference on Wednesday as I got the news today. she's in foster care awaiting placement with family and if we don't have to go to the arraignment set up I'd prefer not to.
You may still have to jump through hoops. You need to speak to your attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">