• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

DCF can order a surprise drug test?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

justalayman

BTW fiona; this has nothing to do with privacy.

The rights I believe you are concerned with are the 4th amendment rights:

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.
I don't think you will find privacy in the constitution.

I forgot to add, since you consented, there is no issue here.

Last edited:

ceara19

baystategirl said:
No dear...Your husband has custody...you just have issues!

Have a good day!
I'm glad I swallowed my coffee before I read this!!!

OP, as you have already been informed, no one FORCED you to submit to the test. You were well within your rights to refuse. You chose to consent.

So unless CPS stormed in, stripped your clothes, inserted a catheter and forcibly remove your urine without your consent, you have no complaint.

rmet4nzkx

ceara19 said:
I'm glad I swallowed my coffee before I read this!!!

OP, as you have already been informed, no one FORCED you to submit to the test. You were well within your rights to refuse. You chose to consent.

So unless CPS stormed in, stripped your clothes, inserted a catheter and forcibly remove your urine without your consent, you have no complaint.
Hummmmm what a picture?:p

Shay-Pari'e

What are the odds that she and hubby have been reported before?

Hmm,**************Let's take a peek**************......

freefiona
Member Join Date: Aug 2005

Step-Grandmother's Rights?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is the name of your state? FL

I was raised by my bio-dad & my stepmother from the time I was 9, with very little contact with my bio-mom (just now realizing that I was a victim of PAS). My stepmother (who I've always called "Mom," 'cuz that's how I thought of her) has always been Grandmom to my 12-year-old daughter, but Mom & I have been estranged for 2 yrs now (due to her mistreatment of my stepson & her hatred of my husband) & my dad is divorcing her.

This woman has now been involved in TWO (unfounded) Dept. of Children & Families investigations into my husband & myself in a year & 1/2. Can I cut her off from my daughter? I don't want to hurt my child, but I think "Grandmom" is the one hurting her. Does she have any "Grandparental Rights" since she's not legally related? Does the fact that she's been considered a grandparent all of this time enter into it? Can she take me to court?

Just Blue

Shay-Pari'e said:
What are the odds that she and hubby have been reported before?

Hmm,**************Let's take a peek**************......

freefiona
Member Join Date: Aug 2005

Step-Grandmother's Rights?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is the name of your state? FL

I was raised by my bio-dad & my stepmother from the time I was 9, with very little contact with my bio-mom (just now realizing that I was a victim of PAS). My stepmother (who I've always called "Mom," 'cuz that's how I thought of her) has always been Grandmom to my 12-year-old daughter, but Mom & I have been estranged for 2 yrs now (due to her mistreatment of my stepson & her hatred of my husband) & my dad is divorcing her.

This woman has now been involved in TWO (unfounded) Dept. of Children & Families investigations into my husband & myself in a year & 1/2. Can I cut her off from my daughter? I don't want to hurt my child, but I think "Grandmom" is the one hurting her. Does she have any "Grandparental Rights" since she's not legally related? Does the fact that she's been considered a grandparent all of this time enter into it? Can she take me to court?

Ahhh....This makes sense! Everyone is out to get them! :rolleyes:
No wonder the mother of the child is concerned....I would be too...And she is wondering why DFS is taking the allegation seriously?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">