• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

“Defamation of character”, slander, pain and suffering; false arrest, abuse of proces

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

Reydiaz99

I live in NJ. My ex-girlfriend has a bogus DV restraining order against me. Every time we had problems in our past relationship she would file a false claim get a TRO then later when we made up she would have it dropped. Her entire family has a history of this; it's a family trait. About 2.5 years ago when we finally broke up she again filed a bogus TRO we had a hearing, my word against her’s the Judge believed her bogus story and gave her a FRO.

She has filed two false claims against me. In May 2001, claiming that I violating the order by dropping my children at her home. (FRO had provisions for curb side pick-up and drop off). I was arrested in Aug 2001, spent 4 hour in Jail, lost two days of work. During the hearing the prosecutor decided to drop the charges because she basically lied. He dropped the ‘Violation of RO” and remanded the 2nd charge of harassment to a lower court. That change was also dismissed.

In Dec 2001 she again filed a false claim that I called and threaten her. I was arrested in front of my children, spent 4 hours in Jail. In March 2002 we had a hearing and I was found not guilty, the charges were again dismissed. The prosecutor could not prove her case because the FRO had provision where I’m allowed to call her house in reference to pick-up and drop-off of the children.

How can I recover my expenses?

I have been falsely accused and arrested twice in the 9 months. How can I file a claim of “Defamation of character”, slander, pain and suffering; false arrest, abuse of process and malicious prosecution?

I have incurred about $3,000 in attorney fee’s. I was arrested in front of my children and had my neighbors witness this arrest.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">