• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Defense Against Protective Order

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

TotallyBurned

undefinedWhat is the name of your state?Texas
I am the respondent in a protective order hearing that I have to attend in a few days. For starters I was falsely accused and the statement he gave to the district attorneys office is full of lies.
This has will be the 4th court date. It kept being postponed for one reason or another. Now I have run out of money and can't hire another attorney in time and I just found out that my one witness who could testify that the other person was the one who was abusive and not me because he punched both of us in a public place, is unable to go to court because he cant get off work.
This is where I need the advice. I am thinking that my only chance of proving that he is lying without the witnesss is to discredit his character. He is an illegal alien who has using a stolen social security card from a mentally retarded person and now wanted by the police for questioning for identity theft. While I know those things dont have anything to do with domestic violence, it does say something abou this character, I also can blow holes in his whole story that he gave, Is this the route I should take in my defense and do you think it will honestly help me win?

TotallyBurned

Disappointed

Well I tried to get assistance from the website. Not only by asking a question but by reading thru pages and pages of information. The one thing I found consistent is how it really seems like the people who are suppose to be supporting this website with its info has lost touch with their primary goal.
Arrogance seems to have creeped in and instead of helping people there are some here that only critique people's grammar and they way the write their problem. They never offer any assistance to the real purpose of this site. They just want to demean other with their grandious attitudes.
If you ask my opinion, I know you didn't but I am giving it anyway, the ones that are guilty of this need to pull their arrogant heads out of their ass and get back on course. If they can't then refrain from saying anything at all. It's just annoying not only to me but to others here as well. You are not helping anyone in their time on need. You are only trying to belittle them to make your own self feel better. Obviously since its a power thing then my guess is that you have "the little weinie syndrome".
Do us all a favor. Stop with the English lesson and answer the questions. WHo cares if there are errors?! COME ON!!!!

Just Blue

TotallyBurned said:
Well I tried to get assistance from the website. Not only by asking a question but by reading thru pages and pages of information. The one thing I found consistent is how it really seems like the people who are suppose to be supporting this website with its info has lost touch with their primary goal.
Arrogance seems to have creeped in and instead of helping people there are some here that only critique people's grammar and they way the write their problem. They never offer any assistance to the real purpose of this site. They just want to demean other with their grandious attitudes.
If you ask my opinion, I know you didn't but I am giving it anyway, the ones that are guilty of this need to pull their arrogant heads out of their ass and get back on course. If they can't then refrain from saying anything at all. It's just annoying not only to me but to others here as well. You are not helping anyone in their time on need. You are only trying to belittle them to make your own self feel better. Obviously since its a power thing then my guess is that you have "the little weinie syndrome".
Do us all a favor. Stop with the English lesson and answer the questions. WHo cares if there are errors?! COME ON!!!!
Wow...bet the advice comes pouring in now!

You posted a question less than 12 hours ago...in the early hours of the morning for many of us .....and did it occur to you that ALOT of people that give advice on this site work??
Did it occur to you that those of us that have seen your post didn't have any information that could help so rather than respond to you with bad advice we pass by it?

Did it occur to you that the people that try to help on this site volunteer their time and legal knowledge?

Now ...you want help in manipulating a PO hearing and you have come to this site for that help....you probably won't get it!

Have a good day.

B

betterthanher

TotallyBurned said:
I hope your ass gets handed to you in court. And it sounds like it will since you don't even have a clue how to defend yourself against accusations that are in writing!!

big problems in little china

Having a live witness is the best. Why not have your witness, if unavailable for court, sign an affidavit stating the evidence he'she can attest to? They should try to be as complete as possible, anticipating any questions the other side might ask.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">