• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dismiss an RO

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

stevers

:confused:(Georgia)

Back in August my wife had a no contact RO put in place against me. For the first month I only had a two hour visitation with my chldren on Sunday afternoons at the local McDonalds. (supervised visitation?) My wife sits outside in the car reading. Now just in the past month she has asked me to come to the house and fix her car, had me turn on a landline phone in my name for her, bring her groceries and firewood, asked me to re-do the car insurance, etc. The list goes on and on. Also she told me I could take the kids and go bowling or to the movies, etc. Yet she will not contact the Judge to modify or dismiss the RO.

My question is... Is there anything I can do to have the RO dismissed or modified on my own. I do not have the funds for an attorney. She is not in fear for her or the childrens safety. I asked her to write a letter to the judge she said she never wants to go to court again and is afraid if she writes him she will have to. I need to do this myself, what can I do???

Please Help.

Last edited:

Proserpina

:confused:(Georgia)

Back in August my wife had a no contact RO put in place against me. For the first month I only had a two hour visitation with my chldren on Sunday afternoons at the local McDonalds. (supervised visitation?) My wife sits outside in the car reading. Now just in the past month she has asked me to come to the house and fix her car, had me turn on a landline phone in my name for her, bring her groceries and firewood, asked me to re-do the car insurance, etc. The list goes on and on. Also she told me I could take the kids and go bowling or to the movies, etc. Yet she will not contact the Judge to modify or dismiss the RO.

My question is... Is there anything I can do to have the RO dismissed or modified on my own. I do not have the funds for an attorney. She is not in fear for her or the childrens safety. I asked her to write a letter to the judge she said she never wants to go to court again and is afraid if she writes him she will have to. I need to do this myself, what can I do???

Please Help.
What were the terms of the RO? Was it temporary? For a set period of time?

And what was it for?

stevers

It is a twelve month Protective order. My wife and I had an arguement and I pushed her. My daughter called 911. I was arrested for simple battery. I have never hit my wife or children.

Isis1

It is a twelve month Protective order. My wife and I had an arguement and I pushed her. My daughter called 911. I was arrested for simple battery. I have never hit my wife or children.
okay, you assaulted her.

stay away from your wife and child outside the terms of your court order until it is fully expired. DO NOT violate the order. even if she promises you night of sex you will never forget. DON'T DO IT!!!

one little mistake, tick her off for whatever reason, she can call the police, and have you arrested. doesn't matter that she invited you. don't play into that. do NOT victimize yourself!

stevers

Point taken, but my original question... Do to the fact she is initiating these things and now wishes it was not so constraining, but will not contact the judge. Is there anything "I" can do to have it dismissed or modified?

Isis1

Point taken, but my original question... Do to the fact she is initiating these these things and now wishes it was not so constraining, but will not contact the judge. Is there anything "I" can do to hav it dismissed or modified?
how long has the RO been in effect?

stevers

I have done probably a dozen times over the last month. As in fixing her car for example. If I did not she would have lost her job. She did not have the funds to fix it without my help. Another example.. She told me her and the children needed food so I brought them groceries.

Last edited:
A friend's wife had a PFA against him. She called him late one night because she was flat broke and couldn't afford diapers for their son and she had none at all left. She begged him to come pick her and the kids up and take them to the store and buy diapers. He did so. He got pulled over for having a tail light out. His wife begged them not to arrest him but they did anyway and he spent the night in jail. I was the phone call he made but I wasn't bailing someone out of jail for being a dumba$$. What your wife claims she wants doesn't mean anything with that RO in place. Get caught and you'll see.

stevers

Can anyone answer my original question?

Point taken, but my original question... Do to the fact she is initiating these things and now wishes it was not so constraining, but will not contact the judge. Is there anything "I" can do to have it dismissed or modified?

Should I go in front of the Judge, write him or??? I know if I could afford an attorney there would be a remedy.

Last edited:

Isis1

Can anyone answer my original question?

Should I go in front of the Judge, write him or??? I know if I could afford an attorney there would be a remedy.
there i go, having a life and walking away from the computer.

at this early stage, not likely. did you complete all the required classes?

i'd stay away from the wife. and file possibly at the six month mark. WITH an attorney. then if it wasn't granted, i'd wait the whole year.

stevers

there i go, having a life and walking away from the computer.

at this early stage, not likely. did you complete all the required classes?

i'd stay away from the wife. and file possibly at the six month mark. WITH an attorney. then if it wasn't granted, i'd wait the whole year.
Yes, completed the classes. And I am even going through therapy that wasn't ordered on my own accord. When you say file, exactly what would I be filing exactly. I tried to set boundries with my wife telling her I cannot keep doing these things unless the RO is at least modified. She got very angry when I refused to help her. She said "Who is going to know". As I stated in an earlier post, I cannot afford an attorney and legal aid will not help me because I am the respondent.

Last edited:

Proserpina

Yes, completed the classes. And I am even going through therapy that wasn't ordered on my own accord. When you say file, exactly what would I be filing exactly. I tried to set boundries with my wife telling her I cannot keep doing these things unless the RO is at least modified. She got very angry when I refused to help her. She said "Who is going to know". As I stated in an earlier post, I cannot afford an attorney and legal aid will not help me because I am the respondent.
Stop answering her calls/texts.

Seriously.

Unless it's concerning the children, keep contact to a bare minimum - she's not the one who runs the risk of being heavily penalized here...you are.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">