• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dismissal of a false Order of Protection

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

xraygrl25

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arizona, Maricopa County

I recently moved out of my boyfriends house and he was pretty angry about it. He would not give me all of my things or some of the food that I paid for, things like that. I paid him rent til the end of the month, but when I broke up with him he kicked me and my two children out a few days later. I had my uncle, aunt, my ex husband and his brother go with me to help load all of my things into a uhaul. My ex boyfriend said only I could come in and so everyone else stayed outside. Anyway, I ended up getting an order of protection against him after the series of events. He had threatened to hit me and the reason I was moving out was because of his temper. I was only there for 4 months. After he was served, he went down to the courthouse and got one too. He listed his 19 year old sister against her knowledge or permission (who is my friend and babysitter) and his 5 year old son as protected people. The reasons he gave for the order were false and he has filed 4 other ones in the last 5 years against other people. His sister had no idea he was doing it with her name too and I am also friends with his sons mother. She has custody of their son and said she will tell the Commissioner it is ok for me to see him and I am not a danger. I filed an appeal to get a hearing right after I was served today and the hearing is next week. I work at a hospital in patient care and really do not want this on my record. What are my best odds for fighting this? Any advice on the best way to go about it?

Hot Topic

Have you hired an attorney? Your boyfriend had no right to kick you out, especially when you paid rent.

Your attorney needs to let the court know about the people protective orders were taken out for without their knowledge or permission.

You lived with a man that you knew had a bad temper? Why? You knew that he had filed false protective orders against other people, yet you continued to live with him? Why?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">