• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Divorce California whose responsible for legal fees

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

PaulaPenny

In California, my brother is filing for divorce. He was told by his lawyer (from firm specializing in divorce) that should his wife (from whom he is divorcing) wishes to obtain her own lawyer, he will be responsible for her legal fees as well. Could this be accurate? How can this be? She was not working at the time but will be soon. Would this change matters? She was living in New York for short while but is now in California. Would this change matters?

Thanx for any info!

Paula

L

lawrat

Doesn't sound right at all.

Get another lawyer or at least speak with another one. http://www.attorneypages.com

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">