• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Divorce Restraining orders before released

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tamtamges

undefinedWhat is the name of your state?california
I want to divorce my husband and get retraing orders served before he is released from prison, can i do this?

Generally, Orders of protection or restraining orders are for an issue that has occured within a certain amount of Time. Some States it is six months. Or you have to come up with something new. Having said that if Your soon to be ex-husband has conversed with you via mail and has placed you or your children in fear of physical harm or safety then I would go to the courts and see if you can file based on that. Take the leters with you if you have them or if this is even applicable.

The other option if you can not get a standard order of protection would be to go through an attorney and get what I call a civil Restraining order. These can be taken out on most anyone without the same criteria as the order of abuse prevention act. Not for advice. For What it's worth. Patrolman/ J. Buckner

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">