• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Domestic A+B

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

harry3433

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law

Mother in law showed up uninveted at my house today. My Wife and her argued. They have been fighting now for about 6 months. Mother in law had a birthday cake with her. She placed it on a shelf near the front door. They continued to argue and my wife threw the cake and it hit my mother in law in the back of the head causing very minor injuries. police were called. I am a police officer, so I knew what was going to happen. A Crminal app. has been issued. Mother in law already stated that she is not going to move forward on this. We will receive a summons to appear in front of a clerk. What should i expect after that? do we need a lawyer? Any info would really help.

Hot Topic

Why didn't you include the name of your state?

No sympathy for a man married to a nutjob who apparently feels it's no big deal because the nutjob only caused minor injuries to the mother-in-law.

You're a police officer, and you don't know what's going to happen next?

Last edited:

mistoffolees

Why didn't you include the name of your state?

No sympathy for a man married to a nutjob who apparently feels it's no big deal because the nutjob only caused minor injuries to the mother-in-law.

You're a police officer, and you don't know what's going to happen next?
That was my thought. He ought to know what's going to happen next. If he doesn't, he needs to find another line of work.

I'm not even going to get into the matter of a MIL who has been fighting with her daughter for 6 months just showing up at the door.....

cyjeff

That was my thought. He ought to know what's going to happen next. If he doesn't, he needs to find another line of work.

I'm not even going to get into the matter of a MIL who has been fighting with her daughter for 6 months just showing up at the door.....
with a cake.

Anyway, yes, your wife needs an attorney. NOW.

As you know, about three quarters of domestic battery cases involve the victim recanting their testimony... and the DA proceeds anyway.

Proserpina

with a cake.

Anyway, yes, your wife needs an attorney. NOW.

As you know, about three quarters of domestic battery cases involve the victim recanting their testimony... and the DA proceeds anyway.

One has to wonder about the contents of that cake....

...given the circumstances.

:eek:

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I sure hope it wasn't chocolate!!
At least it wasn't death by chocolate cake. That would have been murder.

Hmmmm... maybe it was rocky road. (still a bit of chocolate but those chunks could hurt).

Better than sex cake would be assault as well but not of a DV type. Different crime altogether.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Better than Sex Cake from allrecipes.com

Ingredients
1 (18.25 ounce) package devil's food cake mix
1/2 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
6 ounces caramel ice cream topping
3 (1.4 ounce) bars chocolate covered toffee, chopped
1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
Directions
1.Bake cake according to package directions for a 9x13 inch pan; cool on wire rack for 5 minutes. Make slits across the top of the cake, making sure not to go through to the bottom.
2.In a saucepan over low heat, combine sweetened condensed milk and caramel topping, stirring until smooth and blended. Slowly pour the warm topping mixture over the top of the warm cake, letting it sink into the slits; then sprinkle the crushed chocolate toffee bars liberally across the entire cake while still warm. (Hint: I crush my candy bars into small chunks as opposed to crumbs - I like to have pieces I can chew on!)
3.Let cake cool completely, then top with whipped topping. Decorate the top of the cake with some more chocolate toffee bar chunks and swirls of caramel topping. Refrigerate and serve right from the pan!

the problem is -- if the above is better than sex, you are doing it wrong. Just my opinion.

cyjeff

Better than Sex Cake from allrecipes.com

the problem is -- if the above is better than sex, you are doing it wrong. Just my opinion.
Depends on what part of her the cake is served...

Which, of course, brings us back to the OP...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">