• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Domestic case medical records appeal

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

showstopper

MA-
Can I appeal medical records if they are made admissible? How do I go about finding a lawyer for an interlocutory appeal on a criminal case? Am I able to file an appeal myself?
The defense attorney has lied to the judge.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
MA-
Can I appeal medical records if they are made admissible? How do I go about finding a lawyer for an interlocutory appeal on a criminal case? Am I able to file an appeal myself?
The defense attorney has lied to the judge.
If you are the defendant and the defense attorney has lied to the judge -- and you didn't speak up at that point and correct the lie -- then you lied to the judge. Medical records may be admissible depending on what the situation is. You can file an appeal yourself but you need a final, appealable order to do so.

tranquility

How were the medical records obtained? The subpoena should have been objected to at that time or a protective order asked for. The OP would have had standing at that time and an adverse decision could have been appealed. Once the parties have the records, I agree with Ohiogal. I don't OP has standing as a victim to appeal a decision to getting them admitted.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">