• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

domestic vioence

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ed12222001

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? ohio
my mom had me arrested for domestic violence in february to find out when i got the report she lied to police she told them in a fit of rage i threw a chair across the room and pushed her causing her to lose her balance i went to court and plead down to menacing to get back in my home and go on with life but she filed another protection order where are my rights in all this?

CourtClerk

You have the right to follow the orders in the protection order and leave your mother alone.

You pled out. It's no longer a lie if you admitted to some or all of it.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
Follow the terms of the Order of Protection.

It is unclear from your initial post what is meant by your "home". :confused:

If you are a legal adult, and by "home" you mean a residence owned by your mother, or leased in her name, then I suggest you move. It is clear that you two cannot live under the same roof amicably. Or legally, for that matter, depending on the terms of the Order of Protection.

If for some reason your mother has been living with you in a residence that you own, or which is rented in your name, then I can understand that moving might be considered more onerous. It is still worth considering. Someone else might better address that issue, and where your legal rights are there.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">