• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Domestic Violence

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nikkinorman28

Union County, NJ

On July 4, 2009 my brother was arrested for alleged hitting his fiance in the mouth. As a result, she sustained a mandible fracture. My brother has been incarcerated since that date in the Union County jail. The prosecutor is taking the case to trial, charging him with aggravated assault. He is being represented by the county pubilc defenders office. When the incident occured, the officers went to the hospital and took pictures of his fiances mouth and had her sign a statement. What are my brothers chances (if any) in beating this case? What should we do? The fiance refuses to cooperate with the prosecutors office and has refused for several months.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Union County, NJ

On July 4, 2009 my brother was arrested for alleged hitting his fiance in the mouth. As a result, she sustained a mandible fracture. My brother has been incarcerated since that date in the Union County jail. The prosecutor is taking the case to trial, charging him with aggravated assault. He is being represented by the county pubilc defenders office. When the incident occured, the officers went to the hospital and took pictures of his fiances mouth and had her sign a statement. What are my brothers chances (if any) in beating this case? What should we do? The fiance refuses to cooperate with the prosecutors office and has refused for several months.
Why has he been incarcerated since last July? Why hasn't this gone to trial yet? Your brother has very little chance of beating this if he hit his girlfriend. Why? Because that is a crime. Especially when it results in injury.

Hot Topic

Why are you trying to help your brother "beat" charges of abusing his fiance? Obviously, if there are pictures, damage was done.

She's crazy not to cooperate. Since he did it before, he'll do it again because he doesn't like her "talking back" to him, the dinner isn't on the table when he thinks it should be, he thinks she's "two timing" him with an old boyfriend or whatever excuse he chooses to use to knock her around.

Strange that the case has dragged on for so long. Frankly, it sounds like he's getting what he deserves.

I think the title you've given your post says it all.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">