• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

domestic violence against a man

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

f4ujmb

can a county in NY be sued if if they discriminate services and laws against you based n your sex i was a victim of domestic violence and i'm a man . my wife was arrested and charged with assault and i was vacated from my house and fell i am being denied my victims rights .It seems every thing a geared for women.

Hot Topic

No one, male or female, is going to come to a judgement based on a post by someone who apparently doesn't have enough confidence in his position to offer details that would confirm he's a victim of "the system."

Last edited:

mistoffolees

No one, male or female, is going to come to a judgement based on a post by someone who apparently doesn't have enough confidence in his position to offer details that would confirm he's a victim of "the system."
And, hopefully, take the time to write in readable English.

CdwJava

can a county in NY be sued if if they discriminate services and laws against you based n your sex i was a victim of domestic violence and i'm a man . my wife was arrested and charged with assault and i was vacated from my house and fell i am being denied my victims rights .It seems every thing a geared for women.
You can TRY to sue anyone for anything.

Specifically, what "rights" are you being denied? You threw out the nebulous term, "victim's rights" but do you know what those rights are under NY state law?

And what do you mean you were "vacated" from your house? Was there a court order requiring you to leave? Did the cops tell you to leave? Did your wife tell you to leave? What?

f4ujmb

Well here it goes back in July i was beat up by my wife . i did not hit her back or put my hands on her sat right on the couch and let her beat the crap out of me . i call the cops they came and called the ambulance .emts attended to me and yes she drew blood . she was charged with assault and arrested . She went to court and i was granted a limited order of protection . Two days later she goes to family court ans gets a limited order of protection against me said i threatened her. fist court date orders remain in place . Second court date Ilm vacated from my house ,Third court date same thing . I called all numbers and no resources for men .

mistoffolees

Well here it goes back in July i was beat up by my wife . i did not hit her back or put my hands on her sat right on the couch and let her beat the crap out of me . i call the cops they came and called the ambulance .emts attended to me and yes she drew blood . she was charged with assault and arrested . She went to court and i was granted a limited order of protection . Two days later she goes to family court ans gets a limited order of protection against me said i threatened her. fist court date orders remain in place . Second court date Ilm vacated from my house ,Third court date same thing . I called all numbers and no resources for men .
What do you mean you were 'vacated' from the house?

What was the actual judicial decision and what was it based on?

What testimony was presented?

Until you present a coherent outline of the facts, no one is going to be able to help you.

Hot Topic

So you just sat on the couch and let her beat you up? When did you come to the decision that we were all idiots? I mean, you must think we are if you think we buy your story.

I doubt an "attorney just for men" would believe you, either.

Last edited:

CdwJava

Well here it goes back in July i was beat up by my wife . i did not hit her back or put my hands on her sat right on the couch and let her beat the crap out of me . i call the cops they came and called the ambulance .emts attended to me and yes she drew blood . she was charged with assault and arrested .
Okay. She was arrested as one would expect.

She went to court and i was granted a limited order of protection .
Okay. Still what one woul dexpect.

Two days later she goes to family court ans gets a limited order of protection against me said i threatened her.
So now you have mutual restraining orders. Apparently she made a compelling enough argument to the court to convince a judge she had a reasonable fear for her safety ... not that hard to do, really. You should have a court date coming up where you shall be permitted to argue why it should not be upheld.

fist court date orders remain in place . Second court date Ilm vacated from my house ,Third court date same thing . I called all numbers and no resources for men .
Okay.

The system is about due process. It does not guarantee your liking the end result, only that the process is adhered to.

There should be resources fior crime victims, but you are right, sometimes there are not specific resources for men like there might be for women. This tends to be because the number of female victims needing services greatly outnumbers those of men requesting services and no law I am aware of requires the state to provide entirely equal services no matter the cost.

Exactly what service were you trying to get that you believe a woman would have received and a man would not?

You can hire an attorney if you need one. ou might even consider talkin to the DA. Perhaps she's playing fast and loose. Or, she is alleging a history of abuse by you and she just lost it the night she attacked you. Who knows?

nnote

So you just sat on the couch and let her beat you up? When did you come to the decision that we were all idiots? I mean, you must think we are if you think we buy your story.

I doubt an "attorney just for men" would believe you, either.
oh, I guess he must have deserved to get beat up.
Some of the anti male crap I've seen here blows me away.
My X would get in rampages like that, and ya, I would just sit there and take it also, because I'm not an ABUSER. Like it or not that's the name for it no matter if a Male or FEMALE beats up a partner. :mad:

mistoffolees

oh, I guess he must have deserved to get beat up.
Some of the anti male crap I've seen here blows me away.
My X would get in rampages like that, and ya, I would just sit there and take it also, because I'm not an ABUSER. Like it or not that's the name for it no matter if a Male or FEMALE beats up a partner. :mad:
The law is gender neutral. No one said he deserved it and no one said that it should make any difference who was the beater and who was the beatee.

You're like many people who jump into things with an agenda. You see what you want to see and hear things that just aren't there.

nnote

the law is gender neutral, doesn't mean the person making the judgement is.
Domestic violence is also gender neutral, the person posting not believing that he sat their taking it is not. I wasn't the one to jump into assumptions.

f4ujmb

Just an update had a court date I basically get to go to the house a few times a week for a few hours so things are slowly going my way but i still take the position that i was treated guilty an had to prove i was not . Also people come to this board to look for information. some people on here need to get a life and stop being so rude to people . simply don't reply instead of being rude and nasty these actions are why lawyers are thought upon as crap . If it wasn't for people like us lawyers would not have work .show some respect .

Last edited:

f4ujmb

So you just sat on the couch and let her beat you up? When did you come to the decision that we were all idiots?

Never said you was an idiot .what was i going to do hit her back, be real.

might even consider talkin to the DA. Perhaps she's playing fast and loose. Or, she is alleging a history of abuse by you and she just lost it the night she attacked you.

That is exactly what happened . There are still assault charges against her and thats the only thing the da will talk to me about .The da dont care about the order of protection she filed against me.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Just an update had a court date I basically get to go to the house a few times a week for a few hours so things are slowly going my way but i still take the position that i was treated guilty an had to prove i was not . Also people come to this board to look for information some people on her need to get a life and stop being so rude to people . simply don't reply instead of being rude and nasty these actions are why lawyers are thought upon as crap . If it wasn't for people like us lawyers would not have work .show some respect .
Uuuuh... you're always free to pay someone for advice.

And as an fyi? We're all volunteers here. Most of us are not lawyers, but have plenty of knowledge and experience with the law. If you expect people to help you for free and show you respect? Try showing some back by learning to write with some degree of literacy - when you write like a second grader, people have a hard time taking you seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">