• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Domestic Violence Charge.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mjb11

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arizona

I will start at the begining...

My ex husband moved in his new girlfriend, moved me out and lied to obtain an order of protection for himself and our children. I was hospitalized for a month and was unable to attend court to challenge it. We made a verbal agreement that I was to see the children on weekends and he would drop them off at my grandmothers. One weekend he did not drop the children off. I called him to ask why? He hung up the phone called the police and I was taking to jail for contacting him which was a violation of the order. Funny I did not do anything violent just made a phone call but the judge told me the law is the law. I was put on probation for a year and had to take domestic violence classes and community service. I moved 200 miles away from him and he would still call the police and tell them I was violating the order regularly to try and have me put back in jail. They eventually told him they would take him to jail for false reporting. I went to court and had the children taken off the order and gained custody of them. He wanted to see the children and had the order dropped. Now that I have completed all my time and classes is a motion to set aside the appropriate course? The domestic violence charge on my record is keeping me from getting a job. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">