• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Domestic Violence Charge questions.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Koconnor

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NC

3 years ago i was charged with a Domestic Violence charge and was poorly represented. I am currently trying to join the military to finally start a carreer and this charge is keeping me from joining. does anyone have any advice on how to reduce or exsponge this charge? im really trying to move on with my life and i fear this is going to haunt me forever.

-thank you-

Proserpina

3 years ago i was charged with a Domestic Violence charge and was poorly represented. I am currently trying to join the military to finally start a carreer and this charge is keeping me from joining. does anyone have any advice on how to reduce or exsponge this charge? im really trying to move on with my life and i fear this is going to haunt me forever.

-thank you-
The Lautenberg Act comes into effect here....the act bans shipment, transport, ownership and use of guns or ammunition by any person convicted of misdemeanor or felony domestic violence.

Very occasionally an applicant can get a waiver, but this is not common - you really do need to speak with an attorney (or recruiter).

Just Blue

-thank you-
Do you mean Conviction?

What statute were you convicted under?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">