• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Domestic Violence and child custody

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JLInman

North Carolina

I was recentely was assaulted by my son's father, I got a temporary ex parte order and was granted temporary custody, my question is, with the 1 year DVPO is the temporary custody still in effect? I went today and didnt have an attorney and my sons father's attorney tried to screw me, i am glad i have some common sense. I also need to mention there is a good chance i will be granted the DVPO because there were witnesses whom until yesterday i didnt even know their names, the police did interview them and ask them what they saw which backed up my whole story.

Isis1

North Carolina

I was recentely was assaulted by my son's father, I got a temporary ex parte order and was granted temporary custody, my question is, with the 1 year DVPO is the temporary custody still in effect? I went today and didnt have an attorney and my sons father's attorney tried to screw me, i am glad i have some common sense. I also need to mention there is a good chance i will be granted the DVPO because there were witnesses whom until yesterday i didnt even know their names, the police did interview them and ask them what they saw which backed up my whole story.
what will need to happen, is the temp custody will need to be modified to accomodate the DVPO. in otherwords, a third party will need to be able to do the transportations, exchanges can be ordered to happen at a police station, or a supervised facility.

one question i have to ask, was the child present at the assualt?

JLInman

Yes, he was, i was trying to leave with my son and my ex tried to take him so i grabbed the top of the car seat base and my ex started trying to tug him away. then grabbed my arm and after that grabbed me by my neck and slammed me into the wall

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">