• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Domestic violence Harassment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Kadabra1

this is an ex girlfriend that lies to everyone she meets, she uses 6 names, some of which I have documented proof of....essentially she lies day to day, she'll be lying in court. She will not even be able to confirm an address without lying and that is not an exaggeration. Any way...if I am going to be pro se in this can I have her read from certain papers while on the stand without her attorney (if she has one) objecting?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
That depends on what the papers are and their relevance to the case.

You do realize that using multiple names is not inherently illegal, right?

Kadabra1

It is a crime when she has NC state ID's with those other names on them which I have photos of and affidavits that were signed for her by a a woman that was dead 6 six prior to appearing before a notary

CdwJava

this is an ex girlfriend that lies to everyone she meets, she uses 6 names, some of which I have documented proof of....essentially she lies day to day, she'll be lying in court. She will not even be able to confirm an address without lying and that is not an exaggeration. Any way...if I am going to be pro se in this can I have her read from certain papers while on the stand without her attorney (if she has one) objecting?
What kind of case are you pursuing against her? Whether any of this will be relevant will depend on the details. Heck, she may decide not to take the stand! Whether she will have to or not will depend on the nature of the legal action.

Kadabra1

Basically I called her out on her names and various ages when I learned the truth, she steals identities to get by because she's an illegal immigrant. She got very defensive, I called her a liar and left. She goes to court and files a domestic violence order against me saying that I hit her. She's has zero proof or evidence that I did such a thing...its just one more lie and I can expose her as a liar

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">