• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Domestic violence misdimeanor and immigration hold

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kasha1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
California

We are in san diego, california. Last night my wife got arrested for domestic violence (code 243 (e) P.C.) under misdemeanor. She is on H4 visa and legally staying in USA. I was told that she has an immigration hold. And it looks like I cannot bail her out through regular bails bonds guys. Can you please advice us what are our alternatives? What would be the possible results. I will withdraw my charges against her. Please advice ASAP on how to get her out of jail at the earliest.
Thank you very much,
SK

CdwJava

Depending on where you are in the state, it is possible that the immigration officials will not come and get her and she will be released from the hold.

No, you cannot just "drop" the charges.

Engage an attorney to help.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">