• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

DOmestic Violence protection of order and ex parte protection of order

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

silent inquiry

What is the name of your state? NC

Me and my girlfriend of the past 2yrs and resided together for one recently had some problems. Words were said and threats were made out of anger, but no physical harm has been brought forth. She filed a domestic violence protection of order on Fri after I went to her apartment to pick up my things and she would not allow me to gather them....so I kicked the door and left...she filed the order of protection, stating I threatened to kill her and whoever she is involved with, that I came by her job(which I did not...that i sit in the parking lot in unmarked cars(no way) of her apartment....we have a court date set...I do not know what to expect...do I need a lawyer, is this just a restraining order, or will charges be filed and go against my record...if she doesnt show, will it be dismissed? I have never been in the system and it was just emotions running high!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">