• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

domestic violence second offense

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

Beverln

Florida - He was still on probation for the 1st domestic battery against me when the second one occured. his new charges are domestic battery with one prior battery and improper display of a dangerous weapon. the first charge says F3-L1, i understand the felony third degree part but what does the L1 mean? the other charge is a first degree misdemeanor, he also has a prior felony on his record for possesion of cocaine, which occured about a year and a half ago. what is the minimum time he could serve? I am afraid that he wont obey the restraining order and i want to know if i should worry about moving really soon. also what happens to me if i dont want to go to court and testify, because i dont want to see him and am afraid he will be worse when he gets out if i sit there and testify against him. please help, i cant really afford to move right now, and my lease is up soon so i have to decide what to do. thank you

H

hmmbrdzz

Most likely he's going to be sentenced to serve some time this time. For your increased safety, you can call the court house that this upcoming case will be heard and ask to speak to the domestic violence section of the DA's office. Tell them you are the victim and tell them your fears and follow their advice on your role in providing testimony. You can also write a letter to your local PD and attach copies of all the restraining orders and advise them of your fears. Since you are considered the victim, you need to speak to Victims Services (ask the domestic violence section how to get in touch with this division of the the jail / prison). Do what Victim Services tells you to do. Keep a record of all of your verbal and written attempts to remain safe from him. Develop a "safety plan" (domestic violence and Victim Services will assist you with this). Good luck.

http://www.antistalking.com/

hmmbrdzz

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">